If the oil temperature is less than 40°C, the oil viscosity will be too high, and the mechanical friction will be blocked. At the same time, what is more dangerous is that a large number of carbon deposits are easily generated, which will cause the equipment to burn or explode under high-temperature conditions. When the oil temperature is greater than 90°C, the oil is easily oxidized, which will cause the viscosity to decrease or deteriorate. In this case, poor lubrication will shorten the life of the equipment. Therefore, in order to reduce equipment accidents, we must control the temperature of the air compressor between 80-90°C.
The temperature of the industrial screw air compressor oil is below 22°C in a static state. Few factors cause the low oil temperature, mainly including low atmospheric temperature, the high viscosity of the air compressor oil, the small number of open equipments, and the low outlet pressure. These problems lead to insufficient use of air compressor oil, which further causes the low oil temperature.
Many factors cause the higher oil temperature which mainly occurs in summer. The main factors include high temperature, high temperature of circulating cooling water or blockage of cooler, poor oil circulation, high outlet pressure, and so on.
As one of the best industrial air compressor suppliers, let Anbit provide some tips for how to control the oil temperature.
1. Tips for controlling low oil temperature.
Low oil temperature or constant temperature for a long time will easily increase the friction of the transmission part and sometimes scream, which makes the equipment insufficiently lubricated and causes damage to the equipment. Low oil temperature mainly occurs in winter. Common tips are as follow:
(1) To strengthen the sealing and heating and heat preservation of the workshop, while reducing the flow of circulating water, so that the cooling effect of the oil cooler is reduced and the oil temperature is increased.
(2) To keep 1-2 screw air compressors running continuously, and increase the oil temperature naturally through mechanical friction.
(3) To use air compressor oil with lower viscosity in winter.
2. Tips for controlling high oil temperature.
If the oil temperature is too high for a long time, the oil quality will deteriorate, resulting in the air compressor oil not having the lubrication effect. In this case, it will increase the wear and tear of the equipment. The following are common tips to reduce the oil temperature:
(1) When the summer temperature is high, the oil temperature will be higher than 90℃ for a long time, sometimes it will exceed the standard limit of 110℃. Common tips include opening the skylights, doors, and windows of the plant for ventilation. In weather with high temperatures, regularly use cooling water to flush the floor of the plant to cool down.
(2) The water temperature of circulating cooling water remains high in summer, which makes the effect of the oil cooler poor and the oil temperature rises. Therefore, cooling measures should be taken in time to reduce the circulating water temperature.
(3) If the color of the oil in the oil window becomes thinner or whitish, check the oil quality in time. If the viscosity of the oil decreases, it should be replaced with new oil or some new oil should be added in time, and the period of replacing the new oil should be shortened appropriately.
(4) Keep the oil cooler unblocked and check the effect of the cooler regularly. Usually, the blockage of the cooler is also one of the reasons for the increase in oil temperature. Therefore, when the oil cooler is found to be blocked, it should be cleaned in time to ensure the cooling effect of the oil cooler and the normal operation of the equipment.
Summary: the oil temperature of the screw air compressor is an important factor affecting the performance and operation of the air compressor. Except for some products with design defects, we can generally focus on the following three aspects:
whether the oil is qualified
whether the cooling system is smooth
whether the environment is out of standard